21 January 2014
Regent’s Brasserie Chef, Sonny, explains that the beauty of this featured recipe is that the ingredients are available on any budget.
Chicken wrapped in puff pastry with chorizo and new potatoes
- Every day value chicken breast pack of 4
- Just Rol rolled puff pastry x1 320g
- Smoked Streaky bacon 300g pack x1
- Fresh basil x1 31g pack
- Mozzarella x1 ball 125g
- Garlic puree x1 tube 90g
- Tomato puree x1 tube 200g
- Cooking chorizo sausage x1 pack 200g
- Choped tomatoes x1 tin 400g
- Red pepper lose x1no
- New potato lose x 400g
- Red onion lose x2
Serves 4 people
- Pre heat oven at 200 oc
- Place new potatoes in a pan cover with cooled water then put on the stove and bring to the boil, simmer for 5mins then turn off.
- While potatoes are cooking lay out the puff pastry and cut into 4 equal strips
- Then slice the mozzarella into 4 pieces
- Put one piece of mozzarella on top of each chicken breast with one leaf of basil
- Then wrap then chicken breast with streaky bacon to hold the mozzarella on the top
- Once you have done this season with salt & pepper
- Brush the puff pastry with egg wash then roll each chicken breast in one piece of the puff pastry that you cut earlier. Use a fork to push down either side if the chicken breast so there is no gaps in the pastry.
- Then brush each chicken breast in egg wash and place on a greased baking tray and put in the oven for approx. 50mins or until the chicken reaches above 76.c if you have a food probe to hand.
- Then chicken needs to be white all the way through so check by making a small incision with a knife, if it’s still pink in the centre place back into oven until fully cooked
- By this time the new potatoes should be done and turned off
- Now dice the red onion 2cm size rough dice and the same with the red pepper
- Slice the chorizo sausage in 1cm size slices and roughly chop the basil
- In a large sauce pan add a little cooking oil let this get hot on the stove then add the red onion
- Once the red onion is lightly browned add the chorizo and red pepper, oil with come out from the chorizo but this is ok as it will flavour the sauce
- Once the peppers and chorizo have coloured add 1tsps. of garlic puree & 1 tbsp. of tomato puree
- Mix with a spoon on the heat for two mins then add one tin of chopped tomatoes with the chopped basil and bring to the boil
- Once the sauce pan has come to the boil turn down to a low heat to simmer, then season to taste with salt & pepper
- Let the sauce reduce down on a low heat until the chicken is cooked.
- Now the chicken is cooked drain the new potatoes & cut in half then add to the sauce pan with the chorizo
- With the spoon mix it all together to bring the potatoes back up to the heat
- Now the mix is hot and ready divide onto four plates then place one chicken breast on top of the mix and serve.