Exclusive Recipe Feature
09 February 2017
Dom Barham Executive Chef at Regent's Conferences & Events, shares his recipe for roasted beetroot, fennel and sweet potatoes with goats cheese and pecans. This dish is great on its own but also goes well with roast or grilled chicken, fish or steak.
- 2 Sweet Potato
- 1 Fennel
- Salad leaves, pre pared from your supermarket
- 2 Raw Beetroot
- 10g Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 200g Goat’s Cheese, crumbled
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (extra olive oil for roasting)
- 50g Pecan Nuts, crushed
- 1 bunch Spring Onions
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Scrub the sweet potato under water and then cut into bite-sized (3cm) chunks without peeling
- Toss the chopped potatoes in olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray and roast in oven for around 20 mins, or until soft enough to eat.
- Peel the beetroot and cut into 2cm chunks. Cut the fennel cut into 2cm chunks also (keeping the fronds to one side)
- Drizzle some olive oil over the beetroot and fennel, season with salt and pepper. Add to the tray of sweet potato for 10-15 mins, or until cooked through.
- To make the dressing, mix together the balsamic vinegar with the olive oil (amount stated in the ingredient list). Add in a pinch of salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar and whisk together.
- Pimp your salad dressing! Now you’ve got the basis for your salad dressing,
- You might like to add to change the flavour - wholegrain and Dijon mustard are our my favourites but use your imagination
- Once your sweet potato, fennel and beetroot are cooked remove them from your oven and allow to cool for 5 mins. While they are cooling, finely chop the spring onion.
- In a large bowl, gently toss your sweet potato, fennel and beetroot with the spring onion into the salad leaves. Throw in the seeds, drizzle over your dressing and gently combine. Lastly, crumble in the goat’s cheese and scatter over the pecans. Enjoy!