Evelyn Wong is chef de partie at Regent's Conferences & Events. Here she shares her own recipe for a heavenly flourless chocolate cake – the recipe for which you can find below. It’s beautifully light and rounds off a meal perfectly. Serve with chocolate sauce and creamy vanilla ice-cream.
Evelyn’s Amaretto Chocolate Cake
- 150 grams dark chocolate 70%
- 125 grams butter
- 5 egg yolk
- 170 grams light brown sugar
- 175 grams ground almond
- 100 grams amaretto liquor
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 5 egg whites
- Melt chocolate & butter
- Whisk egg yolk and sugar until light and creamy
- Fold melted chocolate and butter in the egg mixture
- Fold in the ground almond and amaretto and salt.
- Whisk egg white to soft peak.
- Fold whisked egg white in cake mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 160 degrees then turn the oven down to 150 degrees and bake for another 10 minutes.
Over to You!
Try this receipe yourselves and tweet or Facebook us the results.